Sunday, July 5, 2009

Wig no more!!!


Most of you know that my Mom has been battling Cancer for nearly a year. She went through the surgery, chemo and radiation. She has been wearing a wig and never has let us see her without it, except for once, and it was purely accident. She said she didn't want us to see her without her wig because we lost our dad from Cancer when we were really young. She was afraid if we saw her without her wig it would bring back memories for us..bad memories of when my dad was sick and dying. So she has religiously worn it anytime we are around. Even through cancer, feeling awful, being very uncomfortable she still acted as our protector. She's amazing. I am so very proud of my mom.




I didn't get to spend the fourth with my family this year. We stayed at our house instead, but my Step-Dad sent me a picture of my Mom today via email. It said "Yesterday was the first day Mom went out without her wig on. Fixed her hair in a spike style. Isn't she beautiful?!?" I cried as soon as I saw her picture. Happy tears. She looked beautiful, healthy and so very strong...and like Mom again! Talk about the ultimate Independence Day. I'm so proud of her! And of course, I had to share her beauty with all of my blogger friends. Thanks for the prayers...I think they are working!!




1 comment:

  1. That is so wonderful, Mandi. What a strong woman your mom is... I can only pray that if I ever have to endure what she is that I'm as strong. My thoughts and prayers are with her (and you!). Hugs!

    ReplyDelete