Monday, July 13, 2009

Wasn't this just yesterday?


They are growing up, to fast, if you ask me! During the summer we always do school starting in mid-July. The kids love it. We usually do 15 minutes of reading. One reads, the other does computer time, and then they switch. Then we do about 3-4 worksheets. Makayla now does piano for 15 minutes, too. We started our school today and they loved it! They kept saying, "can we do more?" I was shocked. Then Makayla said, "I would love to do home schooling, Mom!" I was easily like, "Ummm...no way!" Honestly, I would probably like it...except for the fact that we all know that I cannot do math...well, not Jr. High/High School Math. Then it hit me....my little girl is in her last year of Elementary this year. When did this happen? When did I get old enough to have a sixth grader? How is this even possible? Didn't I just finish sixth grade? UGH!!! Time has really flown by. I know OLD people always say that, but it really does once someone puts a baby in your arms. It's sad. Anyway, then we set off to go over to a friends house and Aidan had his sunglasses on his head and was about to pull them down on his nose when he says, "Y'all ready for this?" It was in a tone. A grown tone. I laughed because it was darn funny, and then imagined him as a teenager. UGH....again. I am NOT in any way, shape or form ready to live in a house with a teenage boy. Come to think of it, I never have lived in a house with a teenage boy. That alone scares me. Will he always be my sweet baby boy that thinks his mom is the best there is? Ok, I'm stopping now, before I cry. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment