Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Soccer Star?




Well, I'm officially a soccer mom. That's right, ME! Makayla has decided she wants to play soccer this year. She is a 6th grader and has never played before. Most of the girls on her team have played since age 4, and have played together. She's the new kid and hasn't known what to expect. I've never played, so I can't coach her on what to do, and let's face it...I've heard wayyy to much yelling at the kids from the stands to do that to my kid. I think I'll just let the coach handle the coaching. I wouldn't want to embarrass myself or my kid. :) Anyway, Mak is apparently very fit. Her coach says she is really conditioned. Leon started making Makayla run about 2 months before soccer started for this very reason. Soccer is alot of running and again with the embarrassing thing-I'm pretty sure Leon didn't want her to pass out on the field. :) The one thing her coach says she needs to work on, is being aggressive. Being aggressive? My kid? Have we met? How is this even possible that MY kid is not aggressive? Someone did ask if I was Makayla's real Mom or Step-Mom at the game the other day....hmm...maybe that's the reason she's not aggressive-she's not mine....switched at birth, maybe?? :) Anyway, she did great...and so far the team is undeafeted. I think I shall share some pictures that my Step-Dad took at her last game. Who needs to purchase the soccer pics the team sells?? Not this girl! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment