Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fluid intake, a good thing?

So, I took my boy to the doctor last Monday. He was looking a bit miserable to me. I thought it was allergies since I had taken him off all his allergy meds last year. I am that mom that doesn't want to medicate if I don't have to. I was hoping he had outgrown some of the issues he had early on in life, so I wanted to give it a try. So when he woke up Monday morning, when he wasn't his usual cheerful self I decided to take him to see his Dr. just to rule out anything major. We get to the dr. office and he still hadn't perked up. He was sniffly, coughing, and stuffy. He was pretty puffy under the eyes. I was just waiting for them to say, "back on meds." But it wasn't the case, turns out the boy had a cold or something. She said drink fluids and rest up! We get home and some meds in and he naps. When he wakes I handed him a glass of water and he said, "The doctor said I have to drink Fluids...is that a fancy word for pee? I'm not drinking pee...weird doctor lady." Then it got me thinking....fluids is a weird word..it kinda does sound icky. But I said, "I assure you that you aren't drinking pee." I did give him yellow gatorade just to be funny. Hey, I'm all about tormenting my kid. :)

1 comment: