Monday, September 21, 2009

Hit Em' BACK!

So my kid came home today from playing and had tears in his eyes and was holding his face. I looked at him and asked what happened! He said, some red headed kid kicked him, punched him, got him in a headlock and pushed him and if that wasn't enough slapped him in the face. His sister came in behind him and said it was all true. Then like any mother I went outside to find out what happened. Aidan said the boy was sent home by one of the dads that was outside with them. I was furious...Leon knew it and saved the day. I'm pretty sure, Leon felt compelled to save this kid and his mom. :) I don't know that I will handle my kid getting picked on very well. While Dad was gone, talking to this kid's parents it was my opportunity to talk to my kids about fighting. I told them hitting is not ok-unless you are being wailed on, and then you take up for yourself and get yourself out of the situation...and if it requires hitting the kid back in self-defense it's ok. That's such a hard conversation to have with your kid, b/c you wonder when that will come back and bite you right in the heinie! :) But in this case, that kid sooo deserved to be hit back! Come on! Aidan did push him and Makayla said he shoved him hard to the ground an the kid then ran. Is it bad that I was proud of my kid? I mean, really??? What was he supposed to do? Aidan is not normally a hitter! Matter of fact, he's really easy going. But a person can only take so much. He gets that from his dad. Leon is very passive, until you really make him mad. I think Aidan is a lot like that. Me on the other hand, not so much. :) So my kid got into it with this red headed kid who freaked out on my kid! I have to ask is this my payback? Doomed, I tell you. Doomed. :) When I tucked him in tonight, he asked, "Mom, are all red headed people mean?" I looked at him and thought long and hard and decided to tell the truth, "Why yes, yes they are, Aidan." He said, "That's what I figured." I giggled, wondering if he got my joke. I think maybe he did! But then a few seconds later he said, "Wait Mom, I do know one red headed person that is really nice." I was smiling and feeling flattered, when he said, "There's this one kid in my class, he's red headed and he's nice." I smiled and then I kicked him. ;) HAHA..just kidding. I kissed him again, and wondered if he would figure out, I'm not so bad either, but I will tell ya, "RED HEADED KID STAY OFF MY BLOCK OR I'M COMING AFTER YOUR MOMMA!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment