Sunday, June 7, 2009

You might be a redneck if...

You might be a redneck if....you get one of those blow up the ring pools for your backyard! Yep, we're definitely REDNECKS in the Sanchez house! We got the kids the 18 x 48 blue ring pool from Academy the other day and man, it's a job to set that thing up. First of all, you have to find a level spot in your yard. And let's face it, to find a level spot in our yard is quite tricky...remember this is the yard that caused our house to flood 2 summers ago-touchy subject! But we found one semi-level. Then we decided to put 2 tarps down just in case the stubborn grass decides to pierce thru the pool and continue to grow. Maybe this would only happen in Texas or at our house..not sure which. Then we tried to smooth out the wrinkles! This is a job, let me tell you. I sat in the pool smoothed while Leon pulled. I smoothed so much that my legs are sore today! I'd like to think smoothing the wrinkles was kinda like working out. Hmm...anyway then the filling began. We filled, filled and filled some more. The kids could not contain themselves and jumped in when there was like 2 inches of water. Who would have thought 2 inches of water could be so fun? We filled all night, just about..then the rain came. SUPER! Anyway, the pool is filled now and the kids had a great time playing in it today. I even managed to lay on my float, with my sunglasses on, a diet coke in my hand and loads of sunscreen. I didn't even burn today! Alert the media, because this, my friend, is a miracle! I may actually have gained a tad bit of color...and maybe only 45 new freckles. :) I think the pool is going to be an asset this summer for the kids and for me.....I wonder if I will still hear those famous summer words..."I'm BORED!" Probably, but hopefully not for a day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment