Monday, June 29, 2009

Oh...I left out....


The other day, poor Aidan had another catastrophe! He was sliding off his wooden bunk bed and his basketball shorts were snagged by a small piece of wood and outchie right in the heinie! That's right, only my son can get a splinter in the heinie. He freaked. He comes in there and says, "Mom, we have a problem..." and the rest of what he said was completely inaudible. He screamed that he wanted to be put to sleep if I had to pull it out. Two surgeries and now he sees that as the easy way out of pain. After much convincing...ok not so much...I had to sit on him and yank really hard with tweezers to get that bad boy splinter out. It was the size of a toothpick. I know it was traumatic...well, for all of us! He was better instantly and thanked me over and over. That's right..I'm the best mom in the world for yanking that gigantic piece of wood from my son's heinie. Hey, I'll take it. Oh, and I am inserting a picture of the splinter for your viewing pleasure! Don't worry, it's an after picture! :) You can thank me later, I'm sure someday Aidan will thank me for sharing this bit of information...dontcha think? ;)

2 comments:

  1. OH MY! That kid of yours doesn't do anything half way, does he? LOL. Glad all is well with his backside now. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! I'd probably want to be put to sleep too! I can remember threatening to run away from home if my mom got out "the needle" to try to take a splinter out of me when I was little.

    ReplyDelete