Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Weekend...

This is our pillow fight...don't tell Makayla that we were in her room!
The tree I thought was really neat looking!

This weekend, we had alot going on. We went to my niece, Julie's BBQ honoring her college graduation. I'm pretty proud about that! We had a great time and got to enjoy being around Leon's family and walking a neat part of Wichita that I didn't even know existed. There were trees I wanted to take pictures of, and some that I did. I walked with Leon's great niece, Alea, and learned that newly turned 3 year old girls like to talk about every kind of flower and pick up everything and take it home. We returned with a squished pinecone, a bird feather -which Aidan informed Alea that birds are disgusting and carry horrible diseases and she should really lather up later, a piece of bamboo and a flower from a strange bush. She asked me a bazillion questions about flowers, trees and bird diseases (thanks, Aidan.). I tried to answer to the best of my ability! We played with doodle bugs, slugs and all kinds of interesting things! After the BBQ, since Makayla spent the night with a friend, Aidan wanted to have a slumber party, too. His dad and I agreed it was only fair. We wrapped Aidan, like a mummy with his old ace bandages and then it was on! We had a pillow fight, which I'm pretty sure, Aidan won, with his dad's help. Then we all cozied in the bed and watched Goonies. We all agreed it was the best slumber party ever! What we didn't agree on, was Aidan sleeping in our bed. His dad just thought it might be a cozy night for all of us. Boy was he wrong! I slept ok, until Aidan smacked me in the throat with his Popeye arm. Well, it felt like a Popeye arm, anyway. Then Leon got up about 47 times to inform me that Aidan was all over him and he was going to the couch, which he never did. I think he just wanted to wake me so I would be just as uncomfortable as he was. Everytime I woke up, Aidan was facing a different direction. Sometimes his face was right by mine, sometimes his feet, sometimes other body parts, which was not pleasant to wake up next to. I'll leave it to your imagination. :) You can thank me later. Then the next morning, since we were SOOOOO well rested, we picked up Makayla and headed out for the day. First stop, my Mom and Step-dad's house. There is no place like Nanny and PawPaw's. The kids love it there. I was so thrilled to see my Mom. She is looking so much better. She is recovering nicely and seems to be feeling so much better. It's always comforting to see Prayer at work. I kissed her hello and thought, Thank you, God. After lunch with them and my sister we headed to my Aunt Deena's. The kids ran around with my favorite cousin's kids, lighting sparklers and just having a good time. I remembered being young running around doing the same thing with this very same cousin. Man, how I miss those days. I realize how lucky I really am to raise my kids with my family and let traditions carry on throughout the years and I think there will be alot more of these type of trips in our future. We came home late, fell asleep..this time with everyone in their own bed and woke up to our children giggling in the hallway. It was a wonderful weekend. I truly feel blessed. Thank you, God.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I'm so telling Makayla that you guys were in her room. Does she know you have a blog? My kids love to look at mine, but as soon as John David started reading I had to be careful about letting them see it sometimes! ;)

    Thanks for sharing your blog site with me. And thanks for the fun water day today - Julia had a blast!

    ReplyDelete