Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Meteor Shower ...

I love living in a smaller town. I love being able to see the stars at night! Tonight on the news, they talked about the meteor shower. I wanted to take the kids out and lay in the driveway to watch the sky. We layed there for a few seconds, waiting for a miracle to happen, or so it seemed. I don't think any of us knew what to look for or what to expect. But then it happened..well, I think. I started to see stars drifting. I knew I should have paid more attention in Astrology...wait, did I even take Astrology?? I don't know..Anyway, I spotted a few, Makayla spotted hers and Leon spotted his. All that was left was Aidan. He said, "There's one!!!!" in a really excited voice...but nope it was a plane. Makayla quickly reminded him of that with an elbow to the gut. Then he said, "Ok...ohhhhh wait, there's one!!!" And again, Makayla said, "that's not even moving..you're moving your head." He then said he was bored. It took all of 2.5 seconds. He layed there one more second and then said, "Oh, there's a kitty!" And ran off to scare the cat. He then asked Makayla to play leap frog. It was over. I layed there thinking maybe in a few more years he would do this for a tad bit longer. But then I realized this is Aidan...and he probably wouldn't. He's just to busy. :) Remind me to test that kid for A.D.D. soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. At least you got him to stick around for a few seconds! ;o)

    ReplyDelete