Monday, August 24, 2009

The journey continues...

My 3rd grader...

Makayla today in the 6th grade...

Kindergarten-7 years ago..it's a blur, just like this picture. :(


So today, I had a revelation. I was taking my kids to school while reflecting on their past first days of school. I then thought to myself....7 years ago, I dropped Makayla off for her first day of Kindergarten and in 7 years I will be taking her to college and helping her unpack into her dorm. We are exactly at the halfway mark. I can't believe my sweet little girl is now in her last year of elementary school. She was so cute in Kindergarten, and sweet. She still let me pick out her clothes and was so excited to see me when she got home. I wonder if she will still feel that way today at pick-up...we'll see. I can't believe how much she has changed in 7 years...and what the next 7 years will hold in store for us...but I know it's a blessing to be her mom. Thank you God for Makayla....



My sweet Aidan boy is starting this year a tad bit better than he did last year. Thank God. It was nice not having to park in the wheel chair parking and seeing him take his own bag to class and not having to watch the floor so much so he didn't slip. He is in the big 3rd grade this year. Will his teacher think he is as funny as I do? Probably not, but I hope she "gets" him. :) My sweet boy...

1 comment: